Welcome to http://www.urban-no-dig.com, a blog showcasing a 50 square metre urban vegetable garden cultivated by Rhys Jaggar using the no-dig principle.
The blog will share insights with those interested in gardening in plots smaller than those at standard allotment sites, in particular how to grow high yield-, high quality and varied vegetable produce under such constraints.
It aims to:
- Provide a Forum for novice gardeners with a small space to garden to share experiences, ideas, successes and challenges.
- Provide a seamless link to many relevant information sources, e-commerce sites, blogs and video channels.
- Provide a series of rigorous, detailed protocols which work, including discussions about things which don’t work based on failure at the coal-face.
- Provide a series of discussion articles about gardening matters of both a practical and philosophical nature.
- Create a community of shared values, namely respect for each other, respect for the lessons nature can provide and a belief that nature probably already has a solution for any problem we may be experiencing.
As an organic grower committed to growing high quality organic fruit and vegetables, Rhys has been allowed to use the No-Dig logo by Charles Dowding, the UK’s leading pioneer of no-dig market gardening.