The end of November is seed ordering time.
This year I have used five suppliers for everything (just new potato seed tubers to order still), trying to support small British suppliers who have, in my experience provided good service in the past three years or who are worthy of a small test purchase in 2018:
1) Real Seeds Ltd http://www.realseeds.co.uk – a husband-and-wife team in SW Wales.
2) Chase Organics – the Organic Gardening Catalogue http://www.chaseorganics.co.uk – a well established Surrey operation.
3) Medwyns of Anglesey http://www.medwynsofanglesey.co.uk – specialist seeds for exhibition growers, from an 11 times gold medallist at Chelsea Flower Show.
4) Seeds of Italy http://italianseeds.co.uk – a family firm based in Harrow, NW London.
5) SH Organic Seeds http://sh-organic-seeds.co.uk – a new cooperative supplying biodynamic open-pollinated seeds from a Lincolnshire base.
I usually use JBA for seed potatoes, a reliable Scottish supplier, however I may pay a potato fair a visit this year too.
I have made my own biodynamic seeds of the following:
1) Aquadulce Claudia broad beans
2) Cobra Climbing Beans
3) Cupidon Dwarf Beans
4) Alderman Peas
5) Kelsae Onion
6) Multiple Tomato strains.
2018, I will attempt to make seeds of radish, grenoble red lettuce and pablo beetroot.